Friday, February 7, 2014

Fried Quinoa with Kimchi and an Equally Exotic Dessert

This day I did again what you should never do and made three new recipes at a time. Don't try this at home, kids! I have to say that none of the three really convinced me, although I finished everything.
The main dish is this recipe of fried quinoa with kimchi:
http://mrandmrsvegan.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/home-cooking-kimchi-fried-quinoa/
I have to admit that I had never eaten kimchi before. I supposed I would probably like it , because I love sauerkraut so much, but it's really, really different and I still have to get used to it. The dish turned out totally okay, but I used too much sesame oil and couldn't really taste the rest of the ingredients, so that was probably not how it was supposed to be. I'll probably try this again at another point.
Then there's the dessert. This is sautauthig, the blueberry-corn-pudding of the Native Americans. This might not be a very unusual thing for you depending on where you live (Isn't the internet marvelous?), but believe me, for a German living in Spain it doesn't get much more exotic. It's not even very usual to find blueberries in the store, so when I spotted these, I just had to try something new. The dessert was nice, but, well, unusual.
And finally there are some stuffed mini-bell-peppers as a snack. I loved the idea of these, but will try another stuffing next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment