Thursday, January 2, 2014

Vegan Bean Soup with Sesame-Cucumber Sandwich




On this day in November I brought sweet couscous for second breakfast in the office.
It's very easy to make: I added not only some hot water, but also a bit of orange juice and orange slices, sugar, cinnamon, sliced almonds and a tablespoon of margarine to the couscous. Delicious.
For my (completely vegan) lunch I had bean soup with a sandwich.
The simple recipe for the bean soup is from my mother: Boil diced potatoes in vegetable stock, then add canned beans of your choice (I had green, red and white beans), add salt and pepper to taste, ready.  I also added two sliced soy sausages to make it more hearty. This soup tastes even better after a day or two.
I used the delicious bread that I brought back after visiting my parents in Germany to make a sandwich with sesame spread and cucumber slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment